Make a card and send it to your loved ones to let them know you're thinking of them. Nothing says it quite like a personalised hello!
To make this card you will need:
Cricut machine and Cricut Design Space
Gold leaf sheets
Envelope to fit a 6x4 inch card
1. In Design Space head to images and filter by free. Search flowers and select the below image, search leaves and select the below image.
2. Ungroup the flowers and colour as desired. Duplicate the floral shapes so you have two of the same shape for each flower.
3. Using the basic shapes, select square. Unlock the dimensions and set them to 6 inches wide and 8 inches high.
4. Using the score line in the basic shapes area, at the half way point attach to the rectangle the score line ensuring it covers the full width of the rectangle.
5. Add text using the Cricut Sans font and ensure it is set to cut.
6. Add two squares from the basic shapes section and unlock the dimensions. The first rectangle should have the dimensions 5.5 inches wide and 3.5 inches high. The second should be 5 inches wide and 3 inches high. Overlap these and select both rectangles. Use the slice tool and remove the inner shapes so you are just left with a border.
7. Assemble all your shapes ensuring they fit inside the border.
8. Cut out the shapes!
9. Use spray adhesive to lightly spray the border so the glue has a speckled pattern.
10. Apply gold leaf sheets to it and remove the access that is not stuck down.
11. Assemble the flowers as directed by your creations in Design Space. I used tweezers, PVA glue and a paint brush to attach the flowers together.
12. Next glue down your text again using the tweezers, PVA glue and a paint brush.
13. Assemble the leaves and flowers to the card referring back to your design.
14. Finally, add the border to your card.
There you have it, a beautiful floral card using free designs that are available to you now!
Be sure to check out my Instagram page as well as the Cricut US and UK page for more inspiration.
I am giving my card to my gran who is staying home and social distancing like us all. I thought this along with my care package of DVD's would out a smile on her face during these challenging times.
Stay safe everyone and remember we are all in the together!
Thanks for reading,